Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

About Me

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Chocolate covered smiles.

I thought that I would take this next blog post as an oppurtunity to talk about childrens shoots. What people have in mind intially I think is their child sat, very quietly, hands carefully folded on lap. If you can get a child to do that that I commend you. I however, dont have that ability. What I do have though is patience.Bags of it. And to me I find children are much more beautiful and true when they are laughing and generally just being them. If it is chocolate faces and muddy hands, missing teeth, showing me how they colour or a tea party with their favourite toys. This is them, this is the world they live in that makes them who they are. I like to embrace this. So,that is why I offer on my package 1-3 hours. Sometimes a child is ready for their close up within the first 5 minutes...others just want a bit more time.

For this next shoot we just did it in the family home. I talked to Lucy before hand about an idea for Lydia. The idea was that she bake. Small children have a tendacy to have a 'camera' smile which is not the one you want. So distraction is the key. I know that a 4 year old is much more interested in making chocolate crispy buns that what I am doing with my camera. Which allows me to get the most natural side. Just an idea for any one who is interested.. a walk. A jigsaw. Face painting. A Tea party or even playing army. When they are relaxed and comfortable, they look relaxed and comfortable...















No comments:

Post a Comment